Saturday, October 20, 2012

Antonio Carluccio in Dubai talking about his life and times



Antonio Carluccio, OBE OMRI is an Italian chef, restaurateur and food expert, based in London recently oversaw a series of dinners at Atlantis, The Palm.

The latest celebrity chef to wing his way UAE-wards is Antonio Carluccio, the television chef and cookery writer who played an integral role in developing the hugely successful restaurant/deli chain Carluccio’s, for which he now acts as a consultant.

Sitting outside on the terrace at Carluccio’s in The Dubai Mall, during a visit to promote his autobiography A Recipe for Life, the 75-year-old was on good form. He replies of the question from audience during the visit and share tips for cooking he picked up during his 50 year career.

He told that I was curious to see who I am. When you look back over all those years, you see a pattern emerging. I thought it would be useful to go back over events, to gather together my memories in the reply of the question what made you decide to write an autobiography?

What sort of food do you like to eat? Reply of this question he said that I like authentic dishes, cooked to perfection. It doesn’t matter which cuisine, as long as it’s cooked well. I like garlic, ceps, olive oil, Tomatoes. I love basil the most; when I die, I am organizing to be buried on a bed of basil.

He told that there was a time when I didn’t think I’d live to see the year 2000 and now it is 12 years on. I’ve lost weight – by halving everything I ate – and I feel much healthier now.

Antonio Carluccio’s autobiography A Recipe for Life is on sale now in bookshops across the UAE and at Carluccio’s in The Dubai Mall, Dubai Marina Mall and Mirdif City Centre.

Get more details of top rated restaurant in Dubai pl visit Menupages.ae. Menupages.ae is Dubai most popular restaurant portal offering thousands of Dubai restaurant information, menus, restaurant pictures, reviews and ratings, latest Dubai restaurant offers.

Redeem Menupages PagePoints to avail Dubai restaurant offers and coupons to get the discount on your dining to well known Dubai restaurants.

Enjoy dining in Dubai.

Courtesy: The National

No comments: